- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 gloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnishing
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 jars chunky vegetable pasta sauce
- 2–1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package no-boil lasagna noodles
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large pot, saute the olive oil, garlic and basil for about 3 minutes. Add the turkey and cook over medium-high heat until cooked all the way through. Add the pasta sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
2. In a bowl, stir together the cottage cheese, sour cream and Parmesan cheese.
3. In a 9×13-inch baking dish, cover the bottom with a thin layer of the meat sauce. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the remaining meat sauce, 1 cup mozzarella, and half of the cottage cheese mixture. Top with another layer of lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the remaining meat sauce, 1 cup mozzarella and the remaining cottage cheese mixture. Top with a final layer of lasagna noodles, the remaining meat sauce, and the remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle with some chopped fresh basil.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and noodles are soft. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.