LET’S BE FRIENDS!
Hi, I’m Maegan! Welcome to The BakerMama where I share easy, family-friendly recipes, creative food boards, spectacular party spreads, brilliant little bites, and a glimpse into everyday life as a family of six. I love to entertain with ease and I’m passionate about inspiring others to create delicious moments with their loved ones.
I started The BakerMama blog in 2012 with a single recipe for peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. Now it features hundreds of original recipes and creative meal/snack ideas that I make regularly for my family and friends.
My husband (and fellow foodie) Brandon and I are parents to four children: Baker, Bryce, Barrett, and Brookie. The kitchen is the heart of our home and we love welcoming others into it. We live in Dallas, Texas.
I learned early on that food is an important part of our lives, from how we enjoy it to the way it nourishes us. My life has been filled with memories of wonderful meals enjoyed with family and friends. My hope is to fill our home with these same memories and raise a family who appreciates the satisfaction and the joy that food brings us.
Preparing delicious food is my favorite way to serve others. Friends and family know that when they show up at our door, they’ll be greeted with a big hug and something yummy waiting for them to enjoy. I love to watch the reaction as they take their first bite. I know I’ve created something delicious when their eyes get big, a smile comes across their face, and a long “mmmmm” comes out of their mouth. It makes me so happy!
Food Blogger and Best-Selling
With my best-selling cookbooks, I want to inspire you to prepare and serve beautiful and festive food with confidence and joy. These cookbooks are meant to be resources in your kitchen so you can effortlessly make mealtimes and special occasions extra memorable and delicious! They also make for the best gifts for birthdays, holidays, housewarmings or just to spread the enjoyment!
Beautiful Boards is filled with 50 delicious and family-friendly snack boards for any occasion along with 25+ simple recipes and all my best tips for recreating each beautiful board. I go beyond the classic cheese and charcuterie board with creative and artful boards for holidays, entertaining, special occasions, breakfast/brunch, mealtime and dessert!
Spectacular Spreads is all about serving a beautiful and delicious spread of food for everyone to enjoy! It features over 250 simple yet creative recipes for any occasion. This cookbook is meant to be a resource for you to enjoy feeding your family and hosting your friends. Along with all of the delicious recipes, I share my best tips and ideas for effortless entertaining so you can confidently and joyfully prepare and share these spreads with your loved ones.
Brilliant Bites shares 75 charming and delicious small bites for all occasions that are impressive and easy to enjoy. Visually exciting and deliciously enticing, you’ll find tasty bites for parties, family meals, breakfast, snack-time, dessert and holidays!
Food is a Family Affair
Food is truly a family affair in our home. My husband is just as passionate about cooking and eating as I am, and we’re already seeing the appreciation and excitement from our little ones when we’re all in the kitchen cooking together.
I couldn’t imagine life without Brandon. We feed each other with love, laughter and some ridiculously good food! He’s in the corporate food industry by week and enjoys cooking, cocktail crafting and wine connoisseuring on the weekends. The man can sear a great streak, shake a marvelous margarita and flip a perfect pancake!
Our kids are growing up too fast and it’s so amazing to live this season of life with their energy and innocence. It’s never a dull or un-delicious moment around here and we wouldn’t wish it any other way.
Baker, our oldest, just might be named after my passion for baking. Not really, but it’s fun to say! His sweetness is contagious and his passion for all things sports is endless! Twins, Bryce and Barrett, keep us on our toes with their adventurous ways and mischievous personalities. They are so full of life and definitely have us either laughing or crying half the time. Being a mom to three active boys is exhausting, yet so much fun!
And then we have miss Brookie! She’s sweet, sassy and has big dreams to take over as The BakerMama one day. Trust me, if she does, we’ll be in great hands. She’s clever and creative and keeps us all in line around here. I sure do love my little sidekick!
Family is everything!
Boards by The BakerMama
The perfect foundation for creating the most beautiful snacks, meals, and food to share with the people you love. Handcrafted by my dad with locally sourced Oklahoma wood, these boards are truly beautiful with their beveled edges and slightly thinner design that makes carrying the board a breeze. We offer a variety of my favorite shapes and sizes for serving at any occasion.
Simplicity and Inspiration
I strive for simplicity in the kitchen and I promise, with my encouragement and instructions, you’ll be able to successfully make any recipe or food board I share with you. And if you have any questions at all, just ask! You can email me, comment here on the blog, or message me through Instagram. I’m here to help you fill your home and your loved ones’ tummies with delicious food and wonderful memories!
Thanks for following along! Have fun and enjoy the deliciousness!
Let’s work together!
I’m available for recipe development, food video & photography, brand promotion & ambassador, cooking & board building demonstrations, travel & press events, product reviews, sponsored posts, and more. Please contact me to discuss any potential partnership opportunities. My media kit is available upon request. I’m excited to connect with you!
Along with any of the lunch and dinner spreads in my Spectacular Spreads cookbook!
As well as any of the boards, spreads or bites in My Cookbooks, of course!
Get to Know Me a Little Better
- WHERE I’M FROM: I was born in Enterprise, AL (my dad was in the military). I lived in Germany for 4 years and then they settled in Ada, Oklahoma, where I graduated from high school. Go Cougars!
- WHERE I LIVE: Dallas, TX! We moved here in 2011 just after having our first child and love raising our family here. We lived in Scottsdale, AZ; Sioux City, IA; and Boston, MA before settling in Dallas. Here are some of our favorite Dallas restaurants.
- COLLEGE: Boomer Sooner! I graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a degree in marketing and management. My husband, Brandon, and I met at OU in a summer finance class. We’re huge Sooner fans! If there’s an OU game, we’re either at it or watching it on TV.
- PETS: Bruno (short for Brunello which is one of our favorite wines) and Barb (short for Barbaresco which is another of our favorite wines!). Their breed is Lagotto Romagnolo (known as the Truffle hunting dogs of Italy) and they’re the best! Love them so much!
- RECIPE ON THE BLOG I MAKE THE MOST: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (because our kids love these so much! Seeing the joy these muffins bring to each of them brings me even more joy!)
- WHAT’S IN MY CUP: black coffee by morning (no time for creamer!), Diet Coke by afternoon, and a good wine or one of @dadacookstoo‘s amazing cocktails by evening with lots and lots of water in between!
- FAVORITE FAMILY TRADITIONS: Birthday Donut Cakes, Sunday Family Breakfast and Weekend Board Nights (cheese board + board games before a steak board dinner)
- FAVORITE PLACES TO TRAVEL: Tuscany, Italy and Punta Mita, Mexico, but our favorite vacation without kids was to Peru and our favorite trip with kids was to Europe which included Tuscany!
- WHERE YOU’LL LIKELY FIND ME: in our pantry, in the kitchen or in the car chauffeuring the kids around to all their activities!
- FAVORITE COLOR: black or grey (I’m so boring, I know!)
- FAVORITE WORKOUT: walking, strength training through the Peloton App, or going to a hot studio strength class at Class Studios with friends!
- MOST USED KITCHEN TOOLS: KitchenAid Mixer or one of my many wood boards
- PET PEEVE: loud chewing
- THE ONE FOOD I DON’T LIKE: cheesecake
- CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT: Burt’s Bees and my 40 ounce water bottle!
- FAVORITE MOVIE THEATER CANDY: Milk Duds or Pull ‘n’ Peel Twizzlers
- FAVORITE LATE NIGHT SNACK: dark chocolate covered almonds (I keep them in the freezer!)
- ONE THING YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME: I was a two-time state champion tennis player in high school!
- FAVORITE MOVIES: Pitch Perfect, Hush or any other really good mystery/thriller movie!
- FAVORITE TV SHOWS: The Bear, Ozark, Stranger Things, Dateline or any good documentary!
- FAVORITE MUSIC: soft pop, chill country and acoustic hits