This Tuscan Tortellini Soup is a comforting one-pot meal that’s perfect for a chilly winter day. It’s so easy to make and is bursting with delicious Tuscan flavors!
On a chilly night, a hearty soup is a go-to in our house. This Tuscan Tortellini Soup is such a perfect weeknight meal for our family. The kids love the cheese tortellini and chunks of Italian sausage. It’s just so flavorful and delicious, we all go back for seconds.
This one-pot wonder takes three easy steps and can be ready in about 30 minutes. Filled with Italian sausage, cheese tortellini, spinach and delicious flavors of onion and garlic. Yum yum!
It’s hearty, comforting and oh so delicious! Guaranteed to be a family favorite or a meal you make for a crowd that’s coming over for dinner. It would also be so great to take to someone that just had a baby, moved into a new house or is sick and in need of a comforting meal.
I recently shared this amazing Tuscan Tortellini Soup in the Winter Edition of IBB Home Magazine along with a festive Italian Salad Wreathwith Creamy Italian Dressing and a delicious Cranberry Cheer Cocktail recipe. A perfect menu for a dinner party!
I hope you and your loved ones enjoy this Tuscan Tortellini Soup as much as we do. When you make it and share on social media, be sure to tag me @thebakermama so I can see. I love seeing you make and enjoy my recipes!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini (about 5 cups)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes until tender. Add in sausage and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tortellini is cooked, about 8 minutes. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is slightly wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with shredded Parmesan cheese and crusty bread. Enjoy!