Serve your Christmas salad in wreath form for a festive addition to the holiday meal! A Christmas Salad Wreath is sure to be a holiday hit!
This Christmas Salad Wreath couldn’t be more easy or more festive! Such a great way to serve salad around the holidays. Everyone will go crazy over the creativeness as well as the delicious, healthy addition to the holiday feast.
This is an Italian-inspired salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, fresh mozzarella, olives, pepperoncini and croutons. The creamy Italian dressing is the perfect addition to bring all the flavors together.
No Christmas wreath would be complete without a bow! Using part of the red pepper that you’ll chop into the salad, create an adorable red bow to accent the salad.
To make the red bell pepper bow, slice the top off and separate each portion. Use three portions to create the main bow. Slice two long strips of bell pepper to make the ends.
And that’s all there is to it! Serve this Christmas Salad Wreath along with some Christmas Tree Dinner Rolls and the Caprese Candy Candy Cane Board from my Beautiful Boards cookbook and you won’t have to worry about a holiday tablescape or centerpiece as these festive dishes are beautiful decorations in themselves!
I recently shared this Christmas Salad Wreath in the Winter Edition of IBB Home Magazine along with an amazing Tuscan Tortellini Soup recipe and a delicious Cranberry Cheer cocktail recipe. Check it out (pages 80-81)…
A huge thanks to IBB Home for inviting me to be a contributor in their fabulous magazine!
- 16 ounces mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- ½ cup green olives
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoncini
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 red bell pepper, divided to make bow
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Serve the salad in a large round rimmed lazy susan or platter (about 18” in diameter) with a bowl placed in the middle for the dressing.
- Spread the mixed greens around the dressing bowl. Scatter the remaining ingredients on top of the greens. Use part of the red bell pepper to create a bow at the base of the salad wreath and chop the other part to scatter on top of the greens.
- To make the red bell pepper bow, slice the top off and separate each portion. Use three portions to create the main bow. Slice two long strips of bell pepper to make the ends.
- To make the dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, onion, garlic, vinegar, and sugar. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with Italian seasoning and salt. Place dressing in the bowl in the middle of the salad wreath. Serve & Enjoy!