Serve your Christmas salad in wreath form for a festive addition to the holiday meal! A Christmas Salad Wreath is sure to be a holiday hit!
- 16 ounces mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- ½ cup green olives
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoncini
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 red bell pepper, divided to make bow
- 1 cup croutons
Creamy Italian Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Serve the salad in a large round rimmed lazy susan or platter (about 18” in diameter) with a bowl placed in the middle for the dressing.
- Spread the mixed greens around the dressing bowl. Scatter the remaining ingredients on top of the greens. Use part of the red bell pepper to create a bow at the base of the salad wreath and chop the other part to scatter on top of the greens.
- To make the red bell pepper bow, slice the top off and separate each portion. Use three portions to create the main bow. Slice two long strips of bell pepper to make the ends.
- To make the dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, onion, garlic, vinegar, and sugar. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with Italian seasoning and salt. Place dressing in the bowl in the middle of the salad wreath. Serve & Enjoy!
I built this Christmas Salad Wreath in an 18-inch rimmed lazy Susan.