The simplicity of this creamy Labneh Toast Board with Jam, Pistachios and a Sea Salt is so delicious! Serve it as an appetizer, snack or even for breakfast.
Sharing another one of our favorite appetizers to make for dinner parties, date nights in or just an easy breakfast on a weekend morning. This simple board covered in toasted bread, creamy labneh yogurt, fruit jams, pistachios and sea salt always disappears so fast when we make it for ourselves or a crowd.
If you’ve never had labneh (LEB-neigh), what are you waiting for?! It’s so creamy, dreamy delicious. It’s strained Greek yogurt which is why it’s so thick and spreadable. It’s got this luscious, tangy flavor that compliments the toasty bread and the sweet and savory toppings so well. You can usually find it in the dairy case at the grocery store or there are several recipes out there for making your own.
I love serving this as a board because everyone can build their own labneh toast just the way they like it. For me, it’s a generous spreading of labneh with either peach or strawberry jam then a sprinkling of raw pistachios and flaky sea salt. The crunchy to creamy textures with the sweet to salty tastes is out of this world! I could eat this as a meal in itself and honestly, I sometimes do! 🙂
I hope you get a chance to easily build this board for a dinner party or for a breakfast or afternoon snack soon. It’s deliciousness will delight you and the ones enjoying it with you!
Labneh Toast Board with Jam, Pistachios and Sea Salt
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 20 toasts 1x
- Category: Appetizers
The simplicity of creamy labneh spread on toast with fresh jam, pistachios and a sprinkle of sea salt is so delicious! Serve it as an appetizer, snack or even for breakfast.
- 1 long baguette, sliced on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices (about 20 slices)
- 1 (8 ounce) container labneh greek yogurt spread (also called creme kefir)
- fresh jams (peach, strawberry, blueberry)
- raw pistachios
- sea salt flakes
- Lay the baguette slices out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 4-6 minutes and then flip them over and bake for another 4-6 minutes or until both sides of the slices are golden toasted.
- Fill small bowls with the labneh, jams, pistachios and sea salt. Arrange filled bowls and toasted bread on a board or serving platter and put a small spreading knife near the labneh and each of the jams.
- To serve, encourage people to spread a thick layer of labneh on a slice of toasted bread, then a layer of jam and a sprinkling of pistachios and sea salt. Enjoy!
Oh my..I love labneh so so much!! I could eat it by the spoonful! hahah This looks just lovely!!
Me too, Samantha! It’s just so creamy, dreamy delicious!
Is Labneh the same as quark?
(PS) love your site!
Hi Teresa! It’s certainly similar in taste since it’s made of soured milk, but the texture is quite different. Quark has more of a cottage cheese/curdy texture whereas labneh is creamy. Both delicious. Hope this helps. Enjoy! 🙂