This Tuscan Tortellini Soup is a comforting one-pot meal that’s perfect for a chilly winter day. It’s so easy to make and is bursting with delicious Tuscan flavors!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini (about 5 cups)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes until tender. Add in sausage and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tortellini is cooked, about 8 minutes. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is slightly wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with shredded Parmesan cheese and crusty bread. Enjoy!