Hummus serves as the dressing for this fabulous quinoa chicken salad. An easy healthy meal that you’ll crave every day!
I’m so excited to share this simple, yet spectacular, salad with you! It’s my absolute favorite salad right now! I ate one for dinner tonight, lunch yesterday, dinner the day before & oh yeah, dinner the night before that too! Yum yum…I’m obsessed!
I got the idea for this healthy hearty salad when I was in Scottsdale for a little girl’s weekend recently. One of my absolute favorite restaurants, Pita Jungle, had a hummus salad on their daily special menu and I fell in love with it! It was the best post-hike lunch I could have ever wished for. When I got back to Dallas, I recreated it for lunch the very next day and it turned out amazing!
It’s so easy to layer together and I pretty much always have these yummy ingredients on hand. What I love most about it is that it’s a salad without salad dressing and I’ve never once thought it needed it. Hummus spread over the bottom of the plate acts as the dressing and it’s absolutely perfect!
The great thing is that you can customize the salad however you’ll enjoy it the most! For the salad I’m showing you today, I used cilantro jalapeno hummus for a little kick, spinach, red quinoa tabouli, feta and chicken. But you could totally use any flavor of hummus, a different type of green (such as arugula or a spring mix), regular tabouli, Parmesan cheese perhaps, or even shrimp or salmon. The options are endless so stock your fridge with these healthy ingredients and you’ll be able to fix this fabulous salad for a quick lunch or dinner anytime you wish!
I’m seriously so in love and I hope you get a chance to fall in love with it soon too! Enjoy!
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼-1/2 cup cilantro jalapeno hummus or your favorite hummus
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup red quinoa tabouli*
- ¼ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Pat the chicken dry and coat it completely with the Greek seasoning. Heat the olive oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is browned on both sides. Slice on a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, start layering the salad by spreading the hummus evenly over the bottom of a dinner plate. Top with the spinach, quinoa, tomatoes and feta. Slice the chicken and place on top of the salad.