Hummus serves as the dressing for this fabulous quinoa chicken salad. An easy healthy meal that you’ll crave every day!
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4–1/2 cup cilantro jalapeno hummus or your favorite hummus
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup red quinoa tabouli*
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Pat the chicken dry and coat it completely with the Greek seasoning. Heat the olive oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is browned on both sides. Slice on a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, start layering the salad by spreading the hummus evenly over the bottom of a dinner plate. Top with the spinach, quinoa, tomatoes and feta. Slice the chicken and place on top of the salad.
I get my red quinoa tabouli from the salad bar at Central Market or Whole Foods, but you can definitely use any quinoa or tabouli salads. There are some boxed ones that take less than 10 minutes to make and would definitely work great!