Make mornings magical with Blueberry Swirl Muffins that are tender with irresistible swirls of bold blueberry preserves all throughout. Mmmm-AZING!
Warm muffins fresh out of the oven along with fruit and hot coffee has to be one of life’s greatest simple morning pleasures. What a way to welcome the day!
I’ve been on a muffin baking kick lately. They’re quick, easy and versatile. And when it comes to muffins, I’m all about the tops. If the muffin tops aren’t amazing, I’m not wasting my time. 😉 😉 A sweet, slightly crunchy, glistening muffin top with clear evidence of the yummy goodness that awaits your mouth is key to muffin amazingness.
These blueberry swirl muffins are a dream. The blueberry preserve swirls add a bold blueberry flavor with a slight zest that excites every bite.
They’re tender and perfectly sweet with the most irresistible crackly, sugar-coated, blueberry swirled muffin tops. To die for!
I could say more and more, but that would only delay you from the deliciousness. Enjoy! They’re a must bake!
Make mornings magical with blueberry swirl muffins that are tender with irresistible swirls of bold blueberry preserves all throughout. Mmmm-AZING!
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup wild blueberry preserves (I use Bonne Maman)
- sparkling sugar, for muffin tops
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a standard 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt butter. Whisk in the sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Then whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour, until batter is smooth.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, fill each prepared muffin cup a little less than halfway with batter. Add a heaping teaspoon of blueberry preserves and gently swirl into the batter of each muffin with the end of a chopstick or skewer. Divide remaining batter evenly among muffin cups. Add another heaping teaspoon of blueberry preserves to the top of the batter in each muffin cup and gently swirl again with the end of a chopstick or skewer. Sprinkle the top of each muffin generously with sparkling sugar.
- Bake until muffin tops are golden, 20-22 minutes. Cool muffins in muffin pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving warm
Recipe by Maegan Brown/Photography by Madison Mentesana