Soft flour tortilla shells make a great edible bowl for a loaded chicken salad taco!
I absolutely love taco salads so when I thought to scoop it into a soft taco shell to serve to a crowd, I was ecstatic by how much everyone enjoyed them! It’s the best of both! You get the awesome salad that’s loaded with chicken, corn, black beans, lettuce, cheese, etc. along with the luxury of eating it with your hands. These tacos are crowd-pleasing and party perfect!
CLICK HERE for a great Mexican-inspired menu to go with these sweet tacos!
- 10 stand & stuff soft flour tortillas
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- zest & juice of half a lime
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ½ cup taco sauce
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, taco seasiong mix, zest & juice of half a lime.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the shredded chicken and taco sauce until chicken is completely coated.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, carrots, onion, black beans, mexicorn, tomatoes and chicken. Toss with the prepared dressing.
- Fill each taco shell almost full with the salad mixture. Sprinkle with a little crumbled queso fresco.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Note: Serve within 1 hour of filling because tortillas will start to soften from the dressing.