This show-stopping Layered Chicken Taco Salad is perfect for a party or family weeknight dinner. It always gets amazing reviews!
Who doesn’t love a great taco salad?! It’s usually full of flavor and all the awesome taco fillings. It satisfies both the craving for a hearty salad and a crunchy taco.
This Layered Chicken Taco Salad is one of our absolute favorite weeknight meals as well as one of my favorites to make for a party or to take to a family who has just had a baby. It’s a meal-in-one that will feed and satisfy a hungry crowd.
Layers of lettuce, rice, black beans, corn, pico de Gallo, chicken, cheese, cilantro avocado dressing, and tortilla strips come together easily, beautifully and oh so tastefully.
In about 20 minutes, you can have this awesome salad prepped and ready to serve right away or store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it. It’s a great make-ahead meal and any leftovers keep great in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Get ready to WOW! your family or a crowd of loved ones with this Layered Chicken Taco Salad. I can guarantee you will get lots of compliments on presentation and taste as well as numerous requests for the recipe. It’s love at first sight and bite!
Next time you need an easy, delicious meal to feed your family and/or friends, this layered chicken taco salad will make you the hero at the table. It’s so yummy!
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 (8 ounce) package heat & serve Mexican rice (I use Old El Paso)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1-1/2 cups prepared pico de gallo or diced tomatoes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4 cups shredded meat)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle cilantro avocado yogurt dressing (about 1.75 cups dressing) (I use Bolthouse)
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package tortilla strips (about 1.5 cups) (I use Fresh Gourmet tri-color tortilla strips)
- Layer half of each ingredient into a large salad bowl in the order listed under the ingredients. Repeat layers with remaining half of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
I use Fresh Gourmet Tri-Color Tortilla Strips, but feel free to even use your favorite tortilla chips crushed up instead.
I use Old El Paso Heat & Serve Mexican Rice, but feel free to use your favorite Mexican-style rice.