The sweetness of the glaze and the savoriness of the meats makes these glazed bacon-wrapped sausages an irresistible accompaniment to breakfast or brunch.
Bacon-wrapped sausages! Enough said, right?! Nope…I’ve taken it a delicious step further. I wrapped the sausages in bacon and then I glazed them with a maple pumpkin spice glaze. Oh my!
I served these for a pumpkin palooza brunch I hosted recently and they were the perfect accompaniment. Why choose between bacon and sausage when you could have them both in one?
These are so easy to make and great to serve to a crowd. You just wrap breakfast sausages in thick cut bacon and secure it with a toothpick…
Then you’ll brush half the maple pumpkin spice glaze all over them and put them in the oven to start baking…
Halfway through the baking time, you’ll remove the bacon-wrapped sausages and brush them with the remaining glaze before baking to crispy bacon-wrapped sausage perfection…
These always get such rave reviews. Everyone thinks it’s so brilliant to wrap the sausage in the bacon…and it is! And then that glaze it just the greatest of the great. Brunch wouldn’t be complete without them. Enjoy!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Kroger however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 7 long slices thick-cut bacon, cut in half
- 14 small breakfast sausages
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kroger pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wrap a half of a slice of bacon around each sausage and secure with a toothpick. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Brush half of the glaze evenly over the bacon-wrapped sausages, coating the tops and sides of each one.
- Place the baking sheet on the top rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove bacon-wrapped sausages from the oven and brush evenly with remaining glaze. Return to oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp.
- Transfer bacon-wrapped sausages to a serving platter to serve.