The sweetness of the glaze and the savoriness of the meats makes these Bacon-Wrapped Sausages with a Maple Pumpkin Glaze an irresistible accompaniment to breakfast or brunch.
- 7 long slices thick-cut bacon, cut in half
- 14 small breakfast sausages
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kroger pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wrap a half of a slice of bacon around each sausage and secure with a toothpick. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Brush half of the glaze evenly over the bacon-wrapped sausages, coating the tops and sides of each one.
- Place the baking sheet on the top rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove bacon-wrapped sausages from the oven and brush evenly with remaining glaze. Return to oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp.
- Transfer bacon-wrapped sausages to a serving platter to serve.