Soft flour tortilla shells make a great edible bowl for a loaded chicken salad taco!
- 10 stand & stuff soft flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- zest & juice of half a lime
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, taco seasiong mix, zest & juice of half a lime.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the shredded chicken and taco sauce until chicken is completely coated.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, carrots, onion, black beans, mexicorn, tomatoes and chicken. Toss with the prepared dressing.
- Fill each taco shell almost full with the salad mixture. Sprinkle with a little crumbled queso fresco.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Note: Serve within 1 hour of filling because tortillas will start to soften from the dressing.