A quick and healthy Sweet and Spicy Stir Fry that’s filling and full of flavor!
Believe it or not, I could live off stir fry (and cookies, of course)! But, seriously, stir fry is one of my absolute favorite meals and I make it ALL the time! It’s healthy, flavorful, packed with protein, loaded with veggies, filling, satisfying and absolutely fabulous! The perfect meal, in my opinion!
I just got back from a food blogger’s conference where I indulged my way through Miami so I was in need of a big stir fry once I got home! I love making this stir fry on a Monday and eating it all throughout the week for lunch and dinner and even a late breakfast when I just can’t curb my craving ’til lunch…I’m obsessed!
It’s easy to make and my whole family loves it! Feel free to substitute the chicken with pork or shrimp, and mix-up the veggies with whatever you have on hand, and if you’re family just doesn’t like brown rice for some reason, use white rice. Make it your own and you’ll find yourself craving this healthy homemade stir fry over greasy take-out even when you’re too tired to cook!
It’s easy to make and so full of flavor and freshness!
I hope you enjoy and make it as much as we do!
A quick and healthy Sweet & Spicy Stir Fry that’s filling and full of flavor!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup halved brussels sprouts
- 1 cup mini carrots
- 1–1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1–1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- Place sliced chicken in a large resealable baggie with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Let marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prep your veggies and cook the rice according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken along with the marinade. Sauté chicken until no longer pink in the middle, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken to a separate bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sriracha, minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice wine vinegar. Add to the hot wok, still on medium-high heat, and then add all of the veggies except for the edamame. Let veggies sauté until just tender, about 10-15 minutes. Add edamame and chicken and let sauté another 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked brown rice.
- Add additional soy sauce and/or sriracha sauce to get to desired saltiness and spice. Serve.