Crumbled cornbread, fresh veggies, ranch dressing and bacon take this delicious Layered Cornbread Salad to new heights. Better make a double recipe because everyone will be coming back for seconds!
Layers of Crazy Delicious
We’ve been enjoying this Layered Cornbread Salad for family get-togethers and special occasions for as long as I can remember. It’s one of those recipes my mom is known for, and it always shows up on the menu for barbecues, birthdays and block parties.
It looks great, tastes incredible and is super easy to make! And because it’s pretty quick to layer together and easy to serve, it’s just perfect for a party or large family gathering. Everyone will love it! Just make sure you have enough because you won’t be able to stop them for coming back for more!
You can make this salad with my Sweet and Simple Cornbread and my Homemade Ranch Dressing or go store-bought all the way. Either way, it delivers on taste! And it can definitely be prepped a day in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Tomatoes, lettuce and green onion keep things fresh, while cornbread, crumbled bacon, black beans and Mexicorn add incredible texture. Add a little ranch dressing and cheese (or a lot!) and it’s salad perfection.
Sweet and Simple Cornbread
Slightly sweetened cornbread is what I was raised on and definitely what I prefer. The title of this cornbread recipe says it all! Sweet & Simple! We love eating Sweet and Simple Cornbread with barbeque, beans, spicy chili, hearty stews, or just by itself with a pat of butter.
What Do I Nee to Make Layered Cornbread Salad?
- Sweet and Simple Cornbread (or store bought cornbread mix), baked and cooled
- Ranch salad dressing mix OR a double recipe of Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Large head lettuce, chopped
- Large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Canned whole kernel Mexi‐Corn, drained
- Canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded Mexican 4‐cheese blend
- Bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Green onions, chopped
- Large clear glass bowl
More Fresh and Fabulous Salads
- BLT Chopped Salad: With crumbled bacon, tangy blue cheese, and grilled corn, this salad makes a light but satisfying summer meal.
- Cobb Salad Board: A DIY twist to the flavorful salad classic that everyone will love customizing.
- Pesto Rice Salad: Fresh roasted corn, cherry tomatoes, and goat cheese crumbles make this savory dinner salad bright and flavorful. Get your salad on!
- Broccoli Salad: Crispy, crunchy, subtly sweet and a bit salty, too, this Broccoli Salad delivers big on texture and flavor! It’s so satisfying and delicious, it will make a broccoli lover out of even the most reluctant veggie eater.
How to Make Layered Cornbread Salad
- Prepare the Sweet and Simple Cornbread and allow to cool completely. Once cool, crumble and set aside.
- Then prepare salad dressing according to package directions. Or! Try my Homemade Ranch Dressing.
- Layer in a large bowl half each of cornbread, lettuce and the next 6 ingredients. Spoon half of the dressing evenly over top of layers. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients and dressing.
- Garnish the top with cornbread crumbles, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheese and bacon to show what’s layered. Or, feel free to garnish however you think would look best!
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve and Enjoy!
How to Serve and Store Layered Cornbread Salad
Chill at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.
To store leftovers, wrap salad bowl tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
I hope you love this Layered Cornbread Salad as much as we do! When you make it, be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see! I just love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the ideas I share.
Crumbled cornbread, fresh veggies, ranch dressing, and bacon take this delicious Layered Cornbread Salad to new heights. Better make a double recipe because everyone will be coming back for seconds!
- 1 recipe Sweet and Simple Cornbread, baked and cooled (or store bought)
- 1 (1‐ounce) package Ranch dressing mix OR a double recipe of Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 large head lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel Mexi‐Corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican 4‐cheese blend
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Prepare cornbread ‐ cool, crumble and set aside.
- Prepare salad dressing according to directions.
- Layer in a large clear bowl half each of cornbread, lettuce and the next 6 ingredients.
- Spoon half of the dressing evenly over top of layers.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients and dressing.
- Garnish the top with cornbread crumbles, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheese and bacon to show what’s layered.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours or overnight.