Crispy, crunchy, subtly sweet and a bit salty, too, this Broccoli Salad delivers big on texture and flavor! It’s so satisfying and delicious, it will make a broccoli lover out of even the most reluctant veggie eater.
Make Broccoli Believers Out of ‘Em!
Get ready to crave broccoli, y’all! No, I’m not kidding. Broccoli is already one of my favorites, but this simple (and simply amazing!) Broccoli Salad turns one unassuming green veggie into a craveable summer side that your whole family will ask for again and again.
Fresh broccoli florets meet sweet-tart dried cranberries, salty bacon crumbles, and a tangy dressing with the powerhouse crunch of celery, green onion, and almonds. It’s so easy and so, so good.
First, let’s just get rid of the idea that vegetables are boring. I get excited to eat this salad. Every single time! And I’m not alone. Sure, the first time I made this salad for my kids, I got a few cynical looks. But I made believers out of them and I’ll make one out of you! Let’s get started!
What Do I Need to Make Broccoli Salad?
- Small broccoli florets
- Dried cranberries
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Green onions
- Fresh lemon juice
- Honey roasted sliced almonds
How to Make Broccoli Salad
- First, prep your vegetables. Trim broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces. Slice your celery and green onions. Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli florets, celery, dried cranberries, green onion, and crumbled bacon.
- Quick tip! Baking bacon is my favorite way to get crisp bacon crumbles. Check out my tutorial on How to Bake Bacon for tips and tricks! You’ll want to do this in advance of making the salad so it has time to cool.
- Then, in a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey, and lemon juice. Pour over broccoli mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Finally, stir in almonds just before serving. Serve and enjoy!
More Summer Salads
I love casual summer eats! For more amazing salads, try my Grilled Corn Salad with Strawberries, Feta and Mint. A delicious combination of sweet, salty, and savory flavors. For another sweet n’ savory summer combo, try my Watermelon Feta Salad. It’s so light and refreshing. Or, for a warm twist on a cool food, try my Grilled Avocado and Tomato Salad. So fresh and filling!
I hope you love this Broccoli Salad! When you make it, be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see! I just love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the ideas I share. Enjoy!
Crispy, crunchy, subtly sweet, and a bit salty, too, this Broccoli Salad delivers big on texture and flavor!
- 6 cups small broccoli florets
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon (about 8 slices)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup honey roasted sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli florets, sliced celery, dried cranberries, crumbled bacon and sliced green onions.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey, and lemon juice. Pour over broccoli mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Stir in almonds just before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!