Crumbled cornbread, fresh veggies, ranch dressing, and bacon take this delicious Layered Cornbread Salad to new heights. Better make a double recipe because everyone will be coming back for seconds!
- 1 recipe Sweet and Simple Cornbread, baked and cooled (or store bought)
- 1 (1‐ounce) package Ranch dressing mix OR a double recipe of Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 large head lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel Mexi‐Corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican 4‐cheese blend
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Prepare cornbread ‐ cool, crumble and set aside.
- Prepare salad dressing according to directions.
- Layer in a large clear bowl half each of cornbread, lettuce and the next 6 ingredients.
- Spoon half of the dressing evenly over top of layers.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients and dressing.
- Garnish the top with cornbread crumbles, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheese and bacon to show what’s layered.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours or overnight.