Easy Baked Tortilla Chips that are healthier and great for dipping or making nachos.
Better than Store Bought
Homemade Baked Tortilla chips turn flour tortillas in to crisp, golden brown chips just ready for dipping. This recipe is so easy and they turn out perfect every time. Super crunchy, a little salty, and so much healthier than fried tortilla chips. You’re sure to love them, too!
Watch Me Make These Baked Tortilla Chips
Join me in the kitchen as I make a batch of these amazing baked chips!
Homemade and Fabulous
We make our own Baked Tortilla Chips most of the time. We’ve been doing it forever, so it’s time I shared it with y’all! It’s so easy, it’s almost comical I’m sharing the recipe, but I get asked all the time how I make them, so I think it’s due time I share here on the blog.
Seriously, so so easy and they turn out perfect every time. Super crunchy, a little salty and so much healthier than fried tortilla chips.
What to Serve with Homemade Tortilla Chips
- The Perfect Guacamole: Creamy, chunky fresh avocado with finely minced fixings make the Perfect Guacamole for snacking, dipping and entertaining. It’s perfectly scoopable!
- Easy Homemade Salsa: Super fresh and simple Homemade Salsa made in your blender in a matter of minutes. Pass the chips!
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Black Bean Nachos: Seriously delicious nachos baked on a sheet pan with homemade tortilla chips, black beans, chicken and all the fixings. They are sure to be a family favorite for an easy meal or game day great!
- Grilled Corn Salsa: Grilled corn and roasted tomatoes come together is this fresh and flavorful salsa that makes for such a great summer dip or side dish!
- Breakfast Nachos: Take ordinary tortilla chips and pile them with savory breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon, and fresh avocado for a deliciously unique breakfast! It’s nacho average breakfast, y’all!
- 7-Layer Dip: Whip up a party favorite in no time with my super easy and delicious 7-Layer Dip. Your guests won’t be able to get enough of this fresh and filling appetizer!
Homemade Chips Make the Best Nachos
They are perfect for dipping in any kind of dip and make for the best nachos. We very rarely buy chips anymore because we love this homemade tortilla chips recipe so much!
We get fresh made tortillas from a local market and have made these homemade chips with flour, multigrain and whole wheat tortillas. They turn out great every time!
If you are looking for corn version, check out my Baked Corn Tortilla Chip Recipe. It uses simple ingredients like corn tortillas, salt and cooking spray. Remember, if you want them to be gluten free, make sure you purchase gluten free corn tortillas.
What Do I Need to Make Baked Tortilla Chips?
- Flour tortillas
- canola cooking spray
- sea salt or kosher salt
- Large baking sheet
How to Make Baked Tortilla Chips
All you need are some flour tortillas, cooking spray and a little sea salt or kosher salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 equal wedges. I usually cut 3-4 tortillas at a time with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- Then you’ll just spread the tortilla wedges out evenly in a single layer on a lightly greased large baking sheet and spray them with cooking spray before sprinkling with a pinch of kosher or sea salt.
- Bake at 400°F for about 10-12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cooking time might vary, so keep an eye on them.
- The top of the chips should be crisp and starting to turn light brown when done.
- Let them rest on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before serving.
The Best Homemade Chips and Dips
When I dip, you dip, we dip! Who doesn’t love chips and dips?! They’re such a great snack or appetizer to any meal.
With so many different ways to dive in, I’ve rounded up some of our favorite homemade chip and dip recipes for you to enjoy!
Choose from salsas to guacamole to my family’s favorite Harlequin Dip and Pimento Cheese Dip. It’s easy to make and delicious, they’re sure to be a hit at your next get-together.
How to Store Homemade Tortilla Chips
These homemade chips keep great for several days stored in a resealable baggie. Allow to cool completely and then store in a ziplock bag at room temperature.
If you make these Baked Tortilla Chips, be sure to snap a picture and share it with me or tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see. I love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the recipes I share. Enjoy!
Baked Tortilla Chips
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 64 1x
- Category: Appetizer
Easy baked tortilla chips that are healthier and great for dipping or making nachos.
- 8 flour tortillas
- canola cooking spray
- sea salt or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 equal wedges with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the wedges with cooking spray and sprinkle each one with a little sea salt or kosher salt.
- Bake chips on the top rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until chips are crispy and starting to turn light brown in spots. Oven temperatures vary so if your chips are crispy enough halfway through the baking time, go ahead and remove them.
- Remove from oven and let chips rest on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before serving. Repeat with remaining wedges or bake them on multiple baking sheets at the same time, rotating which shelf the baking sheets are on halfway through baking time as well.
Store leftover chips in a resealable baggie for 4-5 days.
Time is too long.. they burned
Cook only 6-7 minutes and they turned out decent
Hi Sarah! It definitely depends on the thickness of the flour tortillas you use. That’s why it’s important to rotate the pan halfway through the baking time and check them. We use a thicker tortilla so ours take closer to 12 minutes.