Easy baked tortilla chips that are healthier and great for dipping or making nachos.
- 8 tortillas (flour, corn, whole wheat or multigrain)
- canola cooking spray
- sea salt or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 equal wedges with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the wedges with cooking spray and sprinkle each one with a little sea salt or kosher salt.
- Bake chips on the top rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until chips are crispy and starting to turn light brown in spots. Oven temperatures vary so if your chips are crispy enough halfway through the baking time, go ahead and remove them.
- Remove from oven and let chips rest on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before serving. Repeat with remaining wedges or bake them on multiple baking sheets at the same time, rotating which shelf the baking sheets are on halfway through baking time as well.
Store leftover chips in a resealable baggie for 4-5 days.