Easy Baked Tortilla Chips that are healthier and great for dipping or making nachos.
Homemade and Fabulous
Y’all, I just have to share how we make our own chips most of the time. It’s so easy, it’s almost comical I’m sharing the recipe, but I get asked all the time how I make them, so I think it’s due time I share here on the blog.
Seriously, so so easy and they turn out perfect every time. Super crunchy, a little salty and so much healthier than fried tortilla chips. They are perfect for dipping in any kind of dip and make for the best nachos. We very rarely buy chips anymore because we love this homemade tortilla chips recipe so much! We get fresh made tortillas from a local market and have made these homemade chips with flour, multigrain and whole wheat or corn tortillas. They turn out great every time!
How to Make Baked Tortilla Chips
All you need are some tortillas, cooking spray and a little sea salt or kosher salt. And a baking sheet and oven, of course. Start by cutting each tortilla into 8 equal wedges. I usually cut 3-4 tortillas at a time with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
Then you’ll just spread them out evenly in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet and spray them with cooking spray before sprinkling with a pinch of kosher or sea salt.
Bake at 400°F for about 10-12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cooking time might vary, so keep an eye on them. The chips should be crisp and starting to turn light brown when done.
Let them rest on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before serving.
That’s all there is to it! They keep great for several days stored in a resealable baggie. We love serving them with all kinds of dips and especially love using them to make sheet pan nachos.
Dips Worthy of Homemade Chips
Stick to the basics with my Easy Homemade Salsa, Grilled Corn Salsa, or The Best Blender Guacamole. Or, whip up a party favorite in no time with my super easy and delicious 7-Layer Dip. Your guests won’t be able to get enough of this fresh and filling appetizer! This Harlequin Dip recipe has been in my family for ages and is a go-to favorite. Cheese lovers won’t be able to get enough of this Pimento Cheese Dip. It’s easy to make and so savory and tangy, it’s sure to be a hit at your next get-together.
If you make these Peanut Butter Honey Oat Bars, be sure to snap a picture and share it with me or tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see. I love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the recipes I share. Enjoy!
Easy baked tortilla chips that are healthier and great for dipping or making nachos.
- 8 tortillas (flour, corn, whole wheat or multigrain)
- canola cooking spray
- sea salt or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 equal wedges with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the wedges with cooking spray and sprinkle each one with a little sea salt or kosher salt.
- Bake chips on the top rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until chips are crispy and starting to turn light brown in spots. Oven temperatures vary so if your chips are crispy enough halfway through the baking time, go ahead and remove them.
- Remove from oven and let chips rest on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before serving. Repeat with remaining wedges or bake them on multiple baking sheets at the same time, rotating which shelf the baking sheets are on halfway through baking time as well.
Store leftover chips in a resealable baggie for 4-5 days.