Seriously delicious nachos baked on a sheet pan with homemade tortilla chips, black beans, chicken and all the fixings. These Sheet Pan Chicken and Black Bean Nachos are sure to be a family favorite for an easy meal or game day great!
We’re kinda, sorta, okay, really really obsessed with nachos at our house! We make nachos at least once a week for a quick weeknight meal, a yummy weekend lunch or most often for football game watch parties. They’re easy to make, they’ll feed a hungry crowd and they’re downright delicious.
In fact, these nachos rank in my top 5 favorite comfort foods. I crave them and could eat them every day of the week and never get sick of them. I know from experience! 😉 There’s just something about a large baking sheet full of loaded nachos that everyone can just dig right into that makes me (and those I’m sharing them with) so happy.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Black Bean Nachos
This is how we make them every time and we just can’t get enough of them. A baking sheet is perfect for cooking and serving sheet pan chicken nachos on. Homemade baked tortilla chips are great for holding all the toppings and they stay super crisp as the nachos bake. Each chip is spread with refried black beans (all great nachos have refried beans on them). And then lots of good melting cheese (I love a cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend) covers the chips and surrounds more black beans, corn, pico de gallo and chopped or shredded chicken with sliced jalapeno peppers on top. Of course, nachos are super flexible. Green onions, black olives, fresh cilantro would be great additions.
Here’s a glimpse of how they’re assembled and baked to amazingness…
Watch for More!
Step into the kitchen with me and make a pan of these obsessively good nachos!
Get ready to wow yourself and those you’re making them for because you’re gonna love these nachos and want to make them again and again!
If you make these Sheet Pan Chicken and Black Bean Nachos, be sure to snap a picture and share it with me or tag me on Instagram @thebakermama so I can see. I love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the recipes I share.
Seriously delicious nachos baked on a sheet pan with homemade tortilla chips, black beans, chicken and all the fixings. A family favorite for an easy meal or game day great!
- 32–34 home-baked tortilla chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried black beans
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack & cheddar cheese blend
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexi-corn, drained
- 1 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1–2 fresh jalapenos, thinly sliced or 1 can sliced nacho jalapenos
- guacamole, sour cream, salsa and hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray or just spray the pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread each tortilla chip with a thin layer of refried black beans and place in a single layer on the prepared sheet pan. Sprinkle each chip with a little cheese. Top each chip with some black beans, corn, pico de gallo and a piece of chicken. Sprinkle more cheese all over the toppings on each chip then top each chip with a thin slice of jalapeno.
- Bake nachos for 15-20 minutes, rotating sheet pan halfway through, until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown in spots.
- Remove from oven and let rest a few minutes before serving. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa and hot sauce.