Super fudgy Touchdown Brownies loaded with winning players like caramel, pecans and pretzels. They’re always a gameday winner!
Football season is here and it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Every Saturday from now until the end of the year, we will be at the stadium or glued to the TV cheering on our favorite college team! It’s all about football, friends, family and food!
Yesterday was the first game of the season and despite the 100+ degree weather in Oklahoma, we were there to cheer on our team! It was the first game for the twins and they LOVED it!
We’re as serious about our football as we are about our brownies and no gameday tailgate would be complete without some serious brownies!
These brownies are sure to be a winner with your entire gameday crowd! They’re super fudgy and loaded with awesome players like caramel, pecans, and crunchy pretzels! If you’re a fan of the sweet and salty combo, then these brownies are for you! I knew they wouldn’t last long at our pregame get-together and I was right! No brownie was left behind as we headed to the big game!
Everybody’s a winner when these brownies are around so let me show you how easy they are to bake!
Once you have the batter all mixed together, you’ll spread it evenly into the prepared baking dish…
Once baked, you’ll place the brownies on a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes before spreading caramel sauce evenly over them…
And then place pretzels evenly over caramel and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cups of chocolate chips, caramel bits and chopped pecans.
Happy Football Season! May the best team win! And if yours doesn’t, just go bake another batch of these brownies! They’re national title worthy!
THE BAKERMAMA’S BIG GAME GATHERING GUIDE
Throwing a Super Bowl party or any football gathering? Make hosting a game day shindig easy and enjoyable with The BakerMama’s Big Game Gathering Guide. I’ve got decor, treats and fun activities that make watching the big game together extra exciting.
Super fudgy brownies loaded with winning players like caramel, pecans and pretzels. They’re always a gameday winner!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup caramel bits, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (12 to 15 ounce) jar caramel sauce
- 35–40 mini pretzels (football shaped if you can find them), for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and 2 cups chocolate chips in 30 seconds intervals until completely melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in the sugar then whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Gently stir flour mixture into the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Fold in 3/4 cup caramel bits, 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes before spreading caramel sauce evenly over the top of the brownies. Place football pretzels or crushed pretzels evenly over caramel and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cups of chocolate chips, caramel bits and chopped pecans. Let brownies cool for at least 30 more minutes before lifting out of baking dish with parchment paper. Cut into squares.
Place brownies in the refrigerator for at least an hour if you want the caramel sauce to set on top. If serving brownies while still warm, serve them while still in the baking dish.