Super fudgy brownies loaded with winning players like caramel, pecans and pretzels. They’re always a gameday winner!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup caramel bits, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (12 to 15 ounce) jar caramel sauce
- 35–40 mini pretzels (football shaped if you can find them), for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and 2 cups chocolate chips in 30 seconds intervals until completely melted, about 2 minutes. Stir in the sugar then whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Gently stir flour mixture into the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Fold in 3/4 cup caramel bits, 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes before spreading caramel sauce evenly over the top of the brownies. Place football pretzels or crushed pretzels evenly over caramel and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cups of chocolate chips, caramel bits and chopped pecans. Let brownies cool for at least 30 more minutes before lifting out of baking dish with parchment paper. Cut into squares.
Place brownies in the refrigerator for at least an hour if you want the caramel sauce to set on top. If serving brownies while still warm, serve them while still in the baking dish.