Incredibly moist and perfectly spiced pumpkin cake bars with thick swirls of Nutella all throughout make for the ultimate fall treat!
Y’all, these Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Cake Bars are a must bake this fall! The combo of Nutella and pumpkin spice is unbelievably delicious. The cake itself is so tender and moist with these thick swirls of creamy, dreamy Nutella all throughout. And the way the Nutella and pumpkin cake batter blends as they bake to create a slightly crisp, sugary sweet cake top is the best of the best! They’re so easy to make which makes them so great to bake over and over again for all your fall festivities.
I love a good one-bowl baking recipe and being able to quickly mix this pumpkin cake batter in just one bowl with my Braun MulitMix Hand Mixer is so nice!
I keep my Braun MultiMix handy for recipes like this where all the ingredients are mixed in the same bowl, but require different speeds to get the batter beat perfectly. The MultiMix offers a convenient variable mix speed control spin dial that makes it effortless to switch from the high speed needed to beat the eggs to a low speed needed when adding in the flour to avoid it flying all over the kitchen. And it’s in-line vertical motor design distributes the weight into the mixing bowl which puts less stress on your hands as it mixes. No tingling fingers or sore wrists after using this mixer. Other features that make this my favorite hand mixer are the comfortable soft grip, extra long cord and sleek black design. Love it!
Efficient hand mixers are hard to find so I’m excited to share how much I love the new Braun MulitMix Hand Mixer with you. It makes mixing batters, doughs, frostings and more such a breeze. If you’re in the market for a new mixer, this is the one to buy. It’s a high quality hand mixer for a reasonable price and it’s currently on SALE for 20% off on Amazon (October 28 – November 5, 2018). Would make for a great holiday gift too!
Let’s talk about the different elements that make these cake bars excellent in every way!
The cake itself is loaded with a full can of pure pumpkin puree as well as the perfect balance of pumpkin spice to leave you without question as what the flavor is. And if you haven’t had the combo of pumpkin spice with Nutella, get to baking this cake asap! It’s one of my absolute favorite combos. The hazelnut and chocolate and pumpkin spice flavors were all meant to be enjoyed together!
You’ll spread half the cake batter into the baking pan and gently swirl it with half the Nutella and then you’ll do it again so there’s good Nutella swirl coverage all throughout the cake. Into the oven it goes for about 30 minutes and that’s all there is to it. Simple, sweet and oh so scrumptious!
Everyone went crazy over these cake bars when I shared them with my family and friends. Literally begging me to bake more and/or to share the recipe with them right away. They’re incredible and irresistible.
Get yourself a Braun MultiMix and make these Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Cake Bars right away. You’re in for an amazing experience!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper for easy lifting from the pan once baked and cooled, if desired. Set prepared pan aside.
- Place the butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 90 seconds until the butter is mostly melted. Remove from microwave. Using a hand mixer, beat in the sugar on medium-high speed until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat on high speed until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin puree and vanilla on medium speed. Add the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt and beat on low speed until just incorporated and then on high speed until ingredients are well combined into a smooth batter.
- Spread half the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Dollop with half the Nutella (in teaspoonfuls) and gently swirl the Nutella around into the batter with the end of a chopstick (or another small ended utensil), touching the bottom of the pan as you swirl. Gently spread the remaining batter over the first layer and dollop with the remaining Nutella. Swirl through all of the batter just a few times, both horizontally and vertically. Try not to over swirl.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist pumpkin cake crumbs. If the top starts to brown, but the center needs more time, tent the cake with foil and continue to bake until it's baked all the way through.
- Let cake cool completely in pan before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container or covered tightly at room temperate for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Braun. The opinions and text are all mine.