No campfire needed to make this S’mores Ice Cream Cake with layer upon layer of frozen s’mores goodness. So yummy you’ll be begging for s’more!
When I think summer, I think s’mores. Okay, okay, I think s’mores all year round. Haha! S’mores shouldn’t have a season, but summer and s’mores do go great together. Who doesn’t love the combo of graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallow?! Yum on yum on yum!
Well, since I’m not around a campfire that often and actually have no desire to be around one in this Dallas summer heat, I’ve cooled the classic s’mores down with this incredible s’mores ice cream cake.
This frozen delight is made of layer upon layer of s’mores goodness. It all starts with Malt-O-Meal® Honey Graham Toasters cereal. They’re basically graham crackers in cereal form and they’re AMAZING!
I might occasionally eat them in a bowl with cold milk, chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Okay, I do. I definitely do! S’mores cereal, y’all! Just do it. So dang delicious!
I digress…back to this ridiculously delicious ice cream cake! It’s so easy to make that the hardest part is just waiting for it to freeze.
Crushed Honey Graham Toasters cereal mixed with melted butter serves as the base followed by chocolate ice cream, chocolate chunks, mini marshmallow filled whipped topping and marshmallow bits. Oh and then you layer it all again. Woo-hoo! S’mores party in a loaf pan…
Freeze, baby, freeze!
It’s so worth the wait. I like to make it the night before so it has plenty of time to freeze well. Talk about sweet dreams in anticipation of the yumminess that’s to come the next day.
Swoon! Okay, now grab a spoon and dig in to the deliciousness. The crunch from the cereal, chocolate chunks and marshmallow bits combined with the creaminess from the chocolate ice cream and whipped topping definitely gives classic s’mores a run for its deliciousness.
This ice cream cake screams summer and will certainly satisfy that s’mores craving.
Heads up, you might want to go ahead and make another one because everyone is going to be begging for s’more! ;);)
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Malt-O-Meal® brand cereals however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!Print
No campfire needed to make this s’mores ice cream cake with layer upon layer of frozen s’mores goodness. So yummy you’ll be begging for s’more!
- 4 cups Malt-O-Meal® Honey Graham Toasters cereal, crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups (2 pints) chocolate ice cream, softened
- 6.2 ounces milk chocolate bar, chopped into small chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1–1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup marshmallow bits
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap where enough hangs over the sides to cover the top of the cake once it’s assembled. Spray the plastic wrap with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the crushed cereal and melted butter until well combined. Press 1-1/2 cups of the cereal mixture into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Spread 2 cups softened chocolate ice cream over the cereal layer. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the chopped chocolate chunks.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mini marshmallows and thawed whipped topping. Spread half over the top of the chocolate chunks layer. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup marshmallow bits.
- Repeat layers with 1-1/2 cups cereal, remaining chocolate ice cream, half of the remaining chocolate chunks and remaining marshmallow whipped topping mixture. Reserve the remaining marshmallow bits for the very top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the remaining cereal over the marshmallow whipped topping layer. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chunks over the cereal and then the remaining marshmallow bits over the chocolate chunks.
- Pull the plastic wrap that’s hanging over the sides of the pan to loosely cover the top of the cake. Place cake in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, lift cake from the pan using the sides of the plastic wrap. Cut into slices with a large sharp knife and serve. Store leftover cake in the freezer.