The combo of pumpkin and triple the chocolate in these thick, chewy cookies is out of this world delicious!
I love big, rich, chocolate cookies so I thought why not add a little pumpkin to make them incredibly moist and spice to make them fall-tastic. And ta-da…these triple chocolate pumpkin cookies are literally melt in your mouth magic.
I love love the gooeyness that the pumpkin and chocolate creates in these otherwise cakey cookies. So incredibly comforting…like pillows of pumpkin chocolate cookie dreams come true.
With cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips all in one cookie, chocolate lovers are sure to rejoice!
So put that pumpkin to perfect use this fall by baking these incredible cookies. They’re love at first bite!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder (special dark or unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with a paddle, cream butter and sugar until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well incorporated. Beat in cocoa powder and pumpkin pie spice. Then beat in the pumpkin.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Place golf-ball size scoops of dough on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until cookies look set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Feel free to use any combination of chocolate: all dark, all semi-sweet, sub in milk chocolate chips, whatever combo your chocolate loving heart desires!
Recipe by Maegan Brown/Photography by Madison Mentesana