This beautiful Fall Snack Board, covered in fall’s favorite flavors, is so perfect to make for a fall gathering. With a delicious pumpkin cheese ball in the center and an amazing assortment of sweet, savory and spiced snacks around it, everyone is sure to enjoy!
One of my absolute favorite ways to enjoy fall is gathering around this bountiful Fall Snack Board with my family and friends. It’s so festive and covered in the most delicious selection of snacks!
The beauty of this board is that you can select your favorite fall snacks and build it just the way you and your loved ones would enjoy it most! Make it as big, or as small, as you need it to be to feed the number of people that will be snacking on it. With a good variety of sweet to savory and crunchy to chewy snacks, there’s sure to be plenty on the board to please everyone.
This board was inspired by the Fall Feast Board in my Beautiful Boards cookbook (pages 72-74). I switched up some of the snacks, but that Pumpkin Cheese Ball in the middle is a must…
The Pumpkin Cheese Ball is made with pumpkin cream cheese and cheddar cheese and then seasoned with pumpkin pie spice, cayenne and paprika. It’s the star of the board! Everyone always raves about how delicious it is. It’s so great for spreading on crackers, chips and apple or pear slices.
If you can’t find pumpkin cream cheese you can add a tablespoon of pumpkin spice to regular cream cheese to achieve a similar flavor. The cayenne gives it a nice kick, but feel free to leave it out if you’re looking for a little less spice.
Watch this quick video to see how the Pumpkin Cheese Ball comes together and scroll to the end of this post for the recipe and step-by-step instructions…
In addition to the pumpkin cheese ball, this snack board has several creative fall-themed snacks, like these cute little Nutter Butter Acorns…
The Nutter Butter Acorns are easily made with Nutter Butter cookies, chocolate candy coating, chocolate sprinkles and pretzel sticks. Everyone oohs and aahs over how adorable and delicious they are!
Watch this quick video to see how they’re made and scroll to the bottom of this post for the detailed instructions to recreate them…
The Pumpkin Cheese Ball and Nutter Butter Acorns are well worth the effort to make for this board while all of the other snacks are ready to go straight on the board. As you’re collecting snacks to go on the board, think all of the different flavors of fall like pumpkin spice and apple and anything that would compliment them. There are so many great seasonal snacks in the grocery stores this time of year that are so fun to try.
Here’s the line-up of snacks that I included on this version of the Fall Snack Board:
- apple butter
- caramel dip
- pomegranate seeds
- mini candy corn
- pumpkin shaped candies
- harvest colored M&M’s
- mandarin oranges
- maple leaf-shaped sandwich cookies
- cheddar cheese cracker cuts
- whole petite baby carrots
- honey wheat pretzel twists
- Honeycrisp apple
- red pear
- green pear
- pumpkin bread
- harvest colored vegetabletortilla chips
- dried apricots
- sweet potato crackers
- beet crackers
- dried figs
- candied pecans
- colby jack cheese cubes
- orange yogurt covered pretzels
Building this Fall Snack Board is so fun and such a great activity to do with the family. Start by placing the Pumpkin Cheese Ball in the middle of a round board. I love using our 20-inch round walnut wood board. It’s the perfect size to fit all the snacks on and feed my family well with. Feel free to use a smaller or larger board, depending on how many people you’re serving.
Next, place all of the other snacks around the cheese ball on the board. Watch this great video to see how it all comes together and see below for ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions…
And that’s all there is to it, my friends! Such a great board to gather around with your family and friends. We love making it for a Thanksgiving appetizer, a Friendsgiving feast, a pumpkin carving party, or just as a fall-themed snack board on the weekend. So festive and so delicious!
I hope you’re inspired to make a Fall Snack Board for your fall gatherings! If you make one and post a picture, be sure to tag me @thebakermama on Instagram so I can see! I just love seeing how inspired and creative y’all get with the ideas I share.
A Fall Snack Board covered in an amazing assortment of sweet, savory and spiced snacks with a delicious pumpkin cheese ball in the center.
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball (see recipe below)
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips (use stem for pumpkin cheese ball)
- 8–10 Nutter Butter Acorns (see recipe below)
- 5 mandarin oranges, peeled
- 4 celery stalks, sliced into thirds (reserve the celery leaves to top the mandarin oranges with to look like mini pumpkins)
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1/3 cup caramel dip
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup mini candy corn
- 1/4 cup pumpkin shaped candies
- 1/4 cup harvest colored M&M’s
- 7 maple leaf shaped sandwich cookies
- 15 cheddar cheese cracker cuts
- 6 whole petite baby carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 10 honey wheat pretzel twists
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 red pear, thinly sliced
- 1 green pear, thinly sliced
- 2 thick slices pumpkin bread, cubed
- 15 harvest colored vegetabletortilla chips
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup sweet potato crackers
- 1 cup beet crackers
- 10 dried figs
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1/2 cup colby jack cheese cubes
- 10 orange yogurt covered pretzels
- Make the pumpkin cheese ball and Nutter Butter Acorns.
- Place the pumpkin cheese ball in the middle of the board.
- Top the cheese ball with the stem from the orange bell pepper to make it look like a pumpkin.
- Place the apple butter, caramel dip, pomegranate seeds, candy corn, pumpkin candies and harvest colored M&M’s in small bowls across the board.
- Peel the mandarin oranges, but leave in shape and stick a small piece of celery leaf in the top of each one to make them look like mini pumpkins. Place them across the board as well.
- Arrange the Nutter Butter acorns at the top of the board and fan the maple leaf-shaped cookies along the right edgeof the board.
- Fan the cheddar cheese cracker cuts along the upper-left edgeof the board.
- Place the sliced carrots above the maple leaf-shaped cookies and the pretzel twists below the cheddar cheese cracker cuts.
- Place the apple slices next to the caramel dip and the celery next to the bowl of harvest colored M&M’s.
- Put the sliced red pear next to the candy corn bowl and the sliced green pear to the right of the pomegranate bowl.
- Stack the pumpkin bread cubes beneath the pumpkin cheese ball to the bottom of the board, between the apple butter and pomegranates.
- Pile the tortilla chips above the pumpkin cheese ball.
- Put the dried apricots next to the apple butter bowl.
- Place the sweet potato crackers and the beet crackers to the right of the pumpkin cheese ball.
- Stack the orange bell pepper slices on the bottom right of the board.
- Fill the remaining spaces on the board with dried figs, candied pecans, cheese cubes and yogurt pretzels.
- Serve and enjoy!
Everyone will fall in love with this Pumpkin Cheese Ball. It’s so great for spreading on crackers, chips and apple or pear slices.
- 16 ounces cream cheese (regular or pumpkin flavored)
- 2 cups shredded orange cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bell pepper stem
- Using a stand mixer or sturdy spoon, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Line a 1.25 quart mixing bowl (7.25” x 3” x 3”) with plastic wrap and press the cheese mixture firmly into the bowl. Cover completely with the plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Once the cheese ball is chilled, lift itfrom the bowl with the plastic wrap and place flat side down on a work surface. Leave the plastic wrap around the cheese ball and with the tip of a butter knife, carve lines down the sides to resemble a pumpkin.
- Lift the cheese ball from the work surface with the palm of your hand and gently remove the plastic wrap. Transfer the cheese ball to the center of the wood board. Use the butter knife to indent the carved lines even more to look like a pumpkin.
- Stick the bell pepper stem in the top of the pumpkin-shaped cheese ball.
These Nutter Butter Acorns are easy to make and so fun to eat. Everyone oohs and aahs over how adorable and delicious they are!
- 8 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 cup chocolate candy meltsor candy coating
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 8 thin pretzel sticks, broken in half
- Horizontally, cut each cookie in half.
- Melt the chocolate candy melts or coating according to package directions.
- Put the chocolate sprinkles in a small bowl. Dip the cut side of the cookie half about a quarter of the way into the melted chocolate coating and let the excess drip off.
- Dip the coated end into the bowl with the chocolate sprinkles, then immediately stick the broken end of half a pretzel stick into the dipped side of the cookie so it stays as the candy coating sets. Lay on a piece of parchment paper to set.
- Repeat with remaining cookie halves.