Everyone will fall in love with this Pumpkin Cheese Ball. It’s so great for spreading on crackers, chips and apple or pear slices.
- 16 ounces cream cheese (regular or pumpkin flavored)
- 2 cups shredded orange cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bell pepper stem
- Using a stand mixer or sturdy spoon, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Line a 1.25 quart mixing bowl (7.25” x 3” x 3”) with plastic wrap and press the cheese mixture firmly into the bowl. Cover completely with the plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Once the cheese ball is chilled, lift itfrom the bowl with the plastic wrap and place flat side down on a work surface. Leave the plastic wrap around the cheese ball and with the tip of a butter knife, carve lines down the sides to resemble a pumpkin.
- Lift the cheese ball from the work surface with the palm of your hand and gently remove the plastic wrap. Transfer the cheese ball to the center of the wood board. Use the butter knife to indent the carved lines even more to look like a pumpkin.
- Stick the bell pepper stem in the top of the pumpkin-shaped cheese ball.