Gooey, chewy chocolate cookies packed with creamy peanut butter chips and more melty chocolate for the ultimate cookie experience. Chocolate and peanut butter combo lovers go crazy over these cookies!
I’ve done it again! I just can’t get enough chocolate and peanut butter. The combination satisfies my sweet tooth in every way. And to be honest, you must have a serious sweet tooth to take on these cookies. They are enormous, ultra-rich, dominated by sweet chocolate, and balanced by creamy peanut butter chips.
The outside of the cookie is like a thin shell that provides a slight crunch when you first bite and then you hit the gooey and slightly doughy inside that is out of this world. Words can’t even describe how amazing these cookies are!
You can never have a cookie too big, too gooey, too chocolatey or too full of peanut butter!
I hope you fall in as much love with these cookies as we are! Enjoy!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chunks or wafers (or a combination)
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until well-incorporated, then beat in cocoa powder.
- Mix in flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions, about 4 ounces each, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Put in the freezer until almost frozen, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and bake in the preheated oven 16-20 minutes depending on how gooey you like the middles, taking care not to over bake. Let cool on a wire rack and store what you don’t immediately eat in an airtight container.
Recipe by Maegan Brown/Photography by Madison Mentesana