Chocolate and peanut butter combo lovers go crazy over these Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies! Gooey, chewy chocolate cookies packed with creamy peanut butter chips and more melty chocolate for the ultimate cookie experience.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chunks or wafers (or a combination)
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until well-incorporated, then beat in cocoa powder.
- Mix in flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions, about 4 ounces each, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Put in the freezer until almost frozen, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and bake in the preheated oven 16-20 minutes depending on how gooey you like the middles, taking care not to over bake. Let cool on a wire rack and store what you don’t immediately eat in an airtight container.
To freshen cookies after they’ve cooled (if they last that long), pop one in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and it will be all warm and gooey again.