The boys’ fascination with ornaments inspired me to make these yummy brownie ball ornaments with Baker this year! They are so fun and easy to make and even more fun to eat! What’s not to adore about a cute edible ornament with a fudgy brownie surprise inside?!
Adorable and delicious ornament brownie bites!
For the full post & recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package CandiQuik vanilla candy coating
- festive sprinkles
- 24 chocolate coated caramel candies
- 24 mini candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips until completely melted, about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in the sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring until well combined. Stir in the vanilla and then the flour until well mixed. Pour evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, but the brownies are still fudgy. Do not over bake. Let brownies cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once brownies are cooled, use a spoon to dig up the middle of the brownies, leaving the edges to snack on later! Roll two-tablespoon portions of fudgy brownie into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes so brownie balls will harden.
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions. Using a fork, dip each brownie ball into the candy coating until it is completely coated. Place on a greased cooling rack or parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with festive sprinkles. Let set completely.
- Using the bottom of a candy cane, make a small well in the top of each chocolate-coated caramel. Then, dip the end of the candy cane in a little candy coating before standing it up in the well. Let set completely.
- Dip the bottoms of the chocolate-coated caramels into the candy coating and attach one to the top of each brownie ball. Let set completely before serving.
- Notes: If candy coating starts to harden while decorating the brownie balls, return to the microwave for 15-30 seconds to melt again.