Chewy, no chill, perfectly spiced Gingerbread Men Cookies are a must to bake and decorate during the holidays!
It wouldn’t be the holidays without gingerbread men cookies! I’ve always thought they were so cute and fun to decorate, but I’d honestly never met a gingerbread man cookie that tasted great…until now!
I decided this was the year I was going to create my own gingerbread men cookie recipe to prove that these cuties could taste delicious too. Out with the hard, crumbly, flavorless and in with the chewy, tender and spiced just right.
This recipe is quick and easy and guaranteed to give you gingerbread men cookies that hold up to the excitement of decorating and then dancing them into your mouth.
Just mix the dough, roll it out and cut it into the gingerbread man shape. No chilling required.
Cutting out the gingerbread men shapes is definitely a highlight for my crew when we make these cookies.
I like to roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness for a thicker, chewier cookie.
And they bake so quickly that you can have all 4 dozen baked in less than 20 minutes. Makes for such a great recipe to bake with kids because it’s quick and easy.
Once cooled, they’re ready to decorate. I like using the store-bought containers of cookie icing to decorate these cookies because the container with the little tips make it much easier for everyone to draw their desired design on the cookies.
Use a variety of colored icings, sprinkles, candies, etc. Such a fun activity to do with the kids this holiday season.
Have fun with them! They’re sure to be cute and guaranteed to be delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon koser salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and dark brown sugar until smooth. Add the molasses and vanilla and beat until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed until the flour is fully incorporated.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll the dough to ¼-inch thick. Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out the gingerbread men. Transfer to baking sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes or until they start to crisp around the edges. Let cookies cool on baking sheets 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cookies are cooled, decorate with cookie icing and candies.