Chewy, no chill, perfectly spiced Gingerbread Men Cookies are a must to bake and decorate during the holidays!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon koser salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and dark brown sugar until smooth. Add the molasses and vanilla and beat until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed until the flour is fully incorporated.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll the dough to ¼-inch thick. Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out the gingerbread men. Transfer to baking sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes or until they start to crisp around the edges. Let cookies cool on baking sheets 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cookies are cooled, decorate with cookie icing and candies.