A quick & easy recipe for Baked Avocado Fries that are so delicious everyone will be devouring them!
These avocado fries were such a hit with my boys that I’ve baked them about 5 times since I first created the recipe! We all love them and devour them faster than I can bake another batch (because one batch is just not enough for this hungry family of five)!
Baker calls them guacamole fries and it cracks me up every time he requests them, which is pretty much all the time now! He’s definitely eaten his fair share and is pretty accurate in calling them guacamole fries because once you bite through the crunchy coating; the warm avocado is so creamy and just melts in your mouth…mmmmm!
We’ve eaten them alone as our main course, I’ve served them as an appetizer for a dinner party and I’ve even thrown them on a fabulous salad for lunch! They’re so darn delicious!
And the simple cilantro lime dipping sauce makes them even more amazing and addicting!
I love how quick they are to make and bake! You just slice up some avocados and coat them in flour then egg and finally some panko…
A short 15 minutes later and they’ve baked to crispy perfection!
I know you’ll love how easy these are to bake and how fun and yummy they are to serve and eat!
Baked Avocado Fries
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 25 1x
- Category: Appetizer
A quick & easy recipe for baked avocado fries that are so delicious everyone will be devouring them!
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Position a baking rack on top of a baking sheet and spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. And in another shallow bowl, stir together the panko with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Dredge an avocado slice in the flour mixture, coating it completely. Shake off any excess and dip into the beaten eggs and then coat completely with the panko mixture. Place on the prepared baking rack. Repeat with remaining slices. Spray each avocado generously with more non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until coating is crisp and golden brown. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.
- While the avocado fries are baking, prepare the dipping sauce. In a blender, combine the sour cream, cilantro and lime juice and blend until creamy. Stir in a pinch of salt and serve with the avocado fries.
I discovered your website 4 days ago and am in love!!! Bought your book as well.
This recipe looks delicious, could it be done in an air fryer?
Hi Uschi! Thank you so much for your sweet message. I hope you enjoy my website and my book and that you’re inspired by them. I don’t see any reason these avocado fries wouldn’t turn out great in the air fryer. I haven’t tried it because we don’t have an air fryer, but I think they’re definitely worth a try. Please me know if you try them and how they turn out. Enjoy!
Meagan, I LOVE this idea and can’t believe I’ve never heard of it. My boys, well one of them at least, along with me, would love these!
Thanks Matt! My boys devour them every time I make them…family fave for sure!
These look absolutely fabulous! What a healthy snack idea!
Thanks Christine! I thought of you as I was making them because you are the queen of healthy and creative snacks! 🙂