A quick & easy recipe for baked avocado fries that are so delicious everyone will be devouring them!
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal ® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Position a baking rack on top of a baking sheet and spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. And in another shallow bowl, stir together the panko with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Dredge an avocado slice in the flour mixture, coating it completely. Shake off any excess and dip into the beaten eggs and then coat completely with the panko mixture. Place on the prepared baking rack. Repeat with remaining slices. Spray each avocado generously with more non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until coating is crisp and golden brown. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.
- While the avocado fries are baking, prepare the dipping sauce. In a blender, combine the sour cream, cilantro and lime juice and blend until creamy. Stir in a pinch of salt and serve with the avocado fries.