Easy single serving Microwave Blueberry Banana Muffin in a Mug that’s delicious, nutritious and ready in about five minutes!
I love the idea of single-serving recipes so I’m not committed to a whole batch of baked goods when I’m just wanting one (or a few in the case of cookies)! So the other morning I was wanting a muffin so bad, but I didn’t want to bake a whole batch because I knew I would eat them all along with several other goodies I was baking that day. So I decided to come up with a delicious and nutritious muffin in a mug that would fill me up and energize me for the busy day ahead. It turned out great and I love how quick and easy it is!
I’m obsessed with eating out of a mug for some reason so starting the day with my warm muffin in a mug is pretty sweet & special to me! The muffin is extra moist from the banana and blueberries with a hearty texture from the whole-wheat flour and oats.
Let me show you how easy it is for you to have your very own muffin in hand in no time…
Microwave Blueberry Banana Muffin in a Mug
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Dessert
Easy single serving microwave blueberry muffin that’s delicious and nutritious!
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- In a large microwavable mug, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla. With a fork, stir in the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Fold in the bananas and blueberries. Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon and/or brown sugar, if desired.
- Place mug on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 90 seconds to 2 minutes until muffin is set. Muffin will rise above the top of the mug, but will go back down once you open the microwave. Let cool 5 minutes before eating.
Wow! This is an amazingly easy and delicious recipe! I added a few chocolate chips for an extra even of yum!! Thank you for sharing! This one is going into my favorite recipe box!
90 seconds to 2 min may not be enough time to properly cook the egg.
Hi Daniel! 90 seconds to 2 minutes is plenty of time to cook the egg. Any longer and the eggs would overcook causing a weird texture and/or taste to the muffin.
So, so good! Doubled the recipe in a large soup mug and it worked great. Will definitely make again.