Easy single serving Microwave Blueberry Banana Muffin in a Mug that’s delicious, nutritious and ready in about five minutes!
I love the idea of single-serving recipes so I’m not committed to a whole batch of baked goods when I’m just wanting one (or a few in the case of cookies)! So the other morning I was wanting a muffin so bad, but I didn’t want to bake a whole batch because I knew I would eat them all along with several other goodies I was baking that day. So I decided to come up with a delicious and nutritious muffin in a mug that would fill me up and energize me for the busy day ahead. It turned out great and I love how quick and easy it is!
I’m obsessed with eating out of a mug for some reason so starting the day with my warm muffin in a mug is pretty sweet & special to me! The muffin is extra moist from the banana and blueberries with a hearty texture from the whole-wheat flour and oats.
Let me show you how easy it is for you to have your very own muffin in hand in no time…
Easy single serving microwave blueberry muffin that’s delicious and nutritious!
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- In a large microwavable mug, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla. With a fork, stir in the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Fold in the bananas and blueberries. Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon and/or brown sugar, if desired.
- Place mug on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 90 seconds to 2 minutes until muffin is set. Muffin will rise above the top of the mug, but will go back down once you open the microwave. Let cool 5 minutes before eating.