Healthier Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins made with whole wheat flour, greek yogurt, no butter or oil, and sweetened with maple syrup.
You’re in for a real treat with these muffins. Not only are they so yummy, but they’re healthier for you too. Woo-hoo!
They’re super moist and chocolaty yet have no butter or oil them. They’re baked with whole wheat flour, greek yogurt and sweetened with maple syrup. You would never believe they were made healthier if you weren’t the one baking them.
Everybody in our house loves muffins! They’re easy to make and they’re great for breakfasts and snacks throughout the week. Bakerman especially loves muffins as he’s always asking if we can bake some…
It was his lucky day earlier this week because he just happened to be “sick” on the day I was planning to bake these muffins again so I could photograph and share the recipe with y’all. I had made them a few times the week before testing the recipe and he gave me a big happy two thumbs up when I finally got it great. Chocolate muffins are his favorite so I’m glad I’ve now got a healthier recipe up my sleeve for when he requests them.
I love baking with Greek yogurt for a healthier option and these healthier Chocolate Chip Muffins are another win for a healthier muffin option sure to please everyone!
I hope you bake and enjoy these yummy chocolaty healthier muffins as much as we do! 🙂
And before or after you take that first delicious bite, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @thebakermama. I love seeing you all make and enjoy my recipes!
Healthier Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins made with whole wheat flour, greek yogurt, no butter or oil, and sweetened with all-natural flavored cane syrup.
- 1–1/2 cups white whole wheat or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup vanilla flavored greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa. In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, yogurt, vanilla, egg and milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the larger bowl and stir with a spoon until well combined. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling each one almost full. Press a few of the remaining chocolate chips into the top of the batter for each muffin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, rotating muffin pan halfway through baking time, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If you hit a chocolate chip with the toothpick when testing the muffins, try it in another spot as the chocolate chips will most definitely put melted chocolate on the toothpick.)
- Let muffins rest in pan for 5 minutes before serving or transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.