I’m obsessed with muffins! They’re easy to bake, easy to serve, easy to eat and the varieties are endless.
I can pretty much just open the fridge and pantry to find a few handy ingredients that would make tasty muffins in no time.
We always have Greek yogurt on hand and I love baking with it because it adds great moisture and nutrition. I frequently use it in place of sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk and heavy cream in some recipes and you can hardly tell the difference.
Today, I’m sharing a marvelous muffin that’s made healthier with whole wheat flour, oats, and a big cup full of Greek yogurt. They’ve got chocolate in them which makes them taste way more indulgent than they really are!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 1 cup Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Yoplait® Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and Greek yogurt. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among greased muffins cups, filling each one almost full.
- In a small bowl, stir together the struesel ingredients with a fork until well coated in the oil. Place a heaping tablespoon of streusel over the batter in the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until muffins start to turn golden brown and streusel is crisp. Let muffins cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely or enjoy.