Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Muffins made with whole wheat flour, oats and Greek yogurt in a healthier hearty muffin that everyone will love!
I’m obsessed with muffins! They’re easy to bake, easy to serve, easy to eat and the varieties are endless.
I can pretty much just open the fridge and pantry to find a few handy ingredients that would make tasty muffins in no time.
We always have Greek yogurt on hand and I love baking with it because it adds great moisture and nutrition. I frequently use it in place of sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk and heavy cream in some recipes and you can hardly tell the difference.
Today, I’m sharing a marvelous muffin that’s made healthier with whole wheat flour, oats, and a big cup full of Greek yogurt. They’ve got chocolate in them which makes them taste way more indulgent than they really are!
- 1 cup Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Yoplait® Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and Greek yogurt. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among greased muffins cups, filling each one almost full.
- In a small bowl, stir together the struesel ingredients with a fork until well coated in the oil. Place a heaping tablespoon of streusel over the batter in the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until muffins start to turn golden brown and streusel is crisp. Let muffins cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely or enjoy.