Take hot wings to a whole new level with these mouth-watering Grilled Buffalo Blue Cheese-Stuffed Drumsticks. Chicken drumsticks oozing with blue cheese and slathered in spicy hot wing sauce that are out of this world!
We’ve been keeping our grill hot lately and have no intentions of cooling it off anytime soon and we are so excited to grill up these Grilled Buffalo Blue Cheese-Stuffed Drumsticks.
They take hot wings to a whole new level. The blue cheese is melted right in and there’s way more meat on a drumstick than a wing. Win-win! They’re slathered in hot wing sauce for a finger-licking awesome chicken eating experience.
When game days roll around each week, we start planning our menu and hot wings seem to always make the list. They’re a game day favorite! From frying to baking to grilling, we’ve cooked and devoured many a hot wings over the seasons.
I was stocking up on chicken at the store and when I came across the drumsticks, it just dawned on me that they would be down-right delicious if we grilled them with all the great tastes of hot wings. Instead of dipping them in blue cheese though, we thought why not stuff them with it and boy did they turn out awesome!
Why oh why have we never stuffed drumsticks with cheese before?! Oh the deliciousness!
You just cut two openings in each drumstick to stuff the cheese into and then season them generously with a simple seasoning mixture…
You’ll grill them until the skin starts to crisp and then you’ll brush them with the hot wing sauce as they finish grilling to spicy cheesy perfection…
Once you take them off the grill, you’ll brush them one more time with the hot wing sauce before serving…
If you are ready to grill some chicken, be sure to check out the Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Chicken Skewers and the Grilled Chicken Caesar Sliders I posted last week. They’re great ones to grill up before winter arrives.
If you love hot wings, like we do, you’re gonna die when you try these drumsticks! They’re so darn delicious!
Take hot wings to a whole new level with these mouth-watering chicken drumsticks that are oozing with blue cheese and slathered in spicy hot wing sauce.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup hot wing sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 drumsticks
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Stir together the paprika, garlic salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and hot wing sauce. Remove about 1/4 cup to baste the drumsticks with after they come off the grill.
- Cut two 1-inch slits into the side of each drumstick and use your finger to press down into the slit and open it up even more. Stuff each opening with about 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese crumbles. Rub the skin of each drumstick generously with the seasoning mixture. Place on the well-oiled grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until skin starts to crisp. Brush drumsticks generously with hot sauce mixture and continue to grill until chicken is cooked all the way through to a temperature of 165°F, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from grill and brush with reserved hot sauce mixture before serving. Serve alongside cut up celery, carrots and blue cheese dressing, if desired.