Take hot wings to a whole new level with these mouth-watering chicken drumsticks that are oozing with blue cheese and slathered in spicy hot wing sauce.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup hot wing sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 drumsticks
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Stir together the paprika, garlic salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and hot wing sauce. Remove about 1/4 cup to baste the drumsticks with after they come off the grill.
- Cut two 1-inch slits into the side of each drumstick and use your finger to press down into the slit and open it up even more. Stuff each opening with about 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese crumbles. Rub the skin of each drumstick generously with the seasoning mixture. Place on the well-oiled grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until skin starts to crisp. Brush drumsticks generously with hot sauce mixture and continue to grill until chicken is cooked all the way through to a temperature of 165°F, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from grill and brush with reserved hot sauce mixture before serving. Serve alongside cut up celery, carrots and blue cheese dressing, if desired.