A tasty baked chicken wing recipe that’s extra crispy and sweet on the outside while moist and spicy on the inside. These Crispy Baked Sweet & Spicy Wings are perfect for Father’s Day or game day!
Father’s Day is this Sunday and what Dad wouldn’t devour a dinner of chicken wings! I know my Dad and Brandon would be thrilled if these tasty wings showed up on the dinner table or in front of a sporting event on the TV!
They’re unlike any wing we’ve ever had and they’re delicious! They’re moist and spicy from a dredge in hot sauce and sweet from the extra crispy coating of graham cracker crumbs! Yes, graham cracker crumbs! Believe you me, they’re amazing!
Crispy Baked Sweet & Spicy Wings
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Main
A tasty baked chicken wing recipe that’s extra crispy and sweet on the outside while moist and spicy on the inside. Perfect for Father’s Day or game day!
- 8 large or 12 small chicken wings
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal ® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons hot wing sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1–1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and salt. In another medium bowl, stir together the hot sauce and melted butter. In a third medium-sized bowl, place the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel. One wing at a time, dip it in the flour mixture then the wing sauce mixture and finally the graham cracker crumbs, making sure the wing is completely coated in each. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wings.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then turn the oven to broil and broil for about 2 minutes to give the coating a final crisp. Once the coating starts to brown in spots, remove the wings from the oven.
I just came across your blog yesterday. I never deep fry food – trying to do everything the healthy way. When I saw this recipe, I decided to try it and it was EXCELLENT. I made a few modifications though, since we don’t eat a lot of spicy food so I used ketchup and a little soy sauce instead of the hot sauce. I will sure be trying more recipes from your blog!
Hi MS! I love that you made, modified and enjoyed them! Thanks so much for sharing! Enjoy!