Chewy Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies are chocolate peppermint crunch perfection in every bite.
Peppermint, peppermint and more peppermint! That’s what’s on my brain and in these cookies. Tis’ the peppermint season!
I’ve always liked peppermint, but this year I’m loving it to the point of obsession. If it’s got peppermint in it, on it, or around it, I want it. And if the peppermint is combined with chocolate in some way, I pretty much do a happy dance! What a tasty combo!
These cookies are peppermint perfection! Chewy chocolate cookies are infused with peppermint flavor, studded with peppermint crunch and topped with even more crushed peppermint. Since the cookies are so chocolaty, all that peppermint compliments them so deliciously.
In less than 20 minutes, you can have a warm batch of these tasty gems ready to be enjoyed…
Another great one for a cookie exchange, holiday party, Santa or just to have in the cookie jar throughout the season. They’ll be a holiday hit!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1–3/4 cups crushed peppermint candy, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg and peppermint extract and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter/sugar mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in 1-1/4 cups crushed peppermint candy.
- Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Press down on each scoop of dough with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly. Bake for 8 minutes or until cookies just start to crack on top. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle each cookie with some of the remaining crushed peppermint.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.