This is one of my absolute favorite recipes! I have been baking homemade granola bars for years. They’re fun to make and fun to eat. In fact, more times than not, we have a plate of these ready to eat on our kitchen counter. I just never get tired of them. I eat them for breakfast or an afternoon snack, but my favorite is to enjoy one for dessert in the evening with a frosty glass of milk. Such a yummy way to end the day!
They are sure to become a favorite in your house too!
For the recipe, CLICK HERE.
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granola, without raisins
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch-baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, beat together the butter, granola, and oats until well combined. Add the flour and brown sugar until well incorporated and then mix in the peanut butter and honey. The mixture should be very thick and gooey at this point. Gently fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the baking dish, but do not spread the bars flat. They should be rugged on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top of the bars start to brown.