The BakerMama shows how to bake some hearty, homemade granola bars that everyone in the family will enjoy!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granola, without raisins
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1–1/2 cups honey
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch-baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, beat together the butter, granola, and oats until well combined. Add the flour and brown sugar until well incorporated and then mix in the peanut butter and honey. The mixture should be very thick and gooey at this point. Gently fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the baking dish, but do not spread the bars flat. They should be rugged on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top of the bars start to brown.