Spiced apple cupcakes covered with gooey caramel and crunchy nuts for fun and tasty Caramel Apple Cupcakes. A fall treat!
With fall in full swing and Halloween right around the corner, you might be planning a fun party or festival where caramel apples are a must. Well, here’s a new way to spice up this traditional treat. These Caramel Apple Cupcakes are fun to make, super cute, and delectably delicious!
By replacing whole apples with moist spiced apple cupcakes and covering them with gooey caramel and crunchy nuts, you’ve got yourself some tasty treats for the Halloween season. With a popsicle stick inserted in the center, you still get the full caramel apple experience with even more flavor and fun.
I’m excited to hear how much of a hit these cupcakes are at your Halloween celebration. Everyone is sure to be praising your festive creativity!
Moist apple cupcakes…
Covered in gooey caramel and crunchy nuts…
And a wooden popsicle stick stuck in the middle…
Grab yourself one before they are all gobbled up!
Moist spiced apple cupcakes covered with gooey caramel and crunchy nuts for a fun and tasty fall treat!
- 1–1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples (about 1 pound), peeled and shredded
- 20 caramels
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with baking liners. Cut about an inch off of each popsicle stick with sharp scissors.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Whisk in the oil and vanilla. Stir into the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the shredded apples.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan until each cup is almost full. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, cook the caramels and half-and-half over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. Spread caramel frosting generously on each cooled cupcake and immediately sprinkle with chopped pecans. Insert a popsicle stick, cut side down, into the center of each cupcake.