I put my homemade flour tortillas to great use with these tasty breakfast tacos – a great way to start the day!
I’m so excited to finally have a great recipe for homemade flour tortillas that I’ve been finding as many ways to use them as I can. From quesadillas to burritos and now these tasty breakfast tacos, homemade tortillas are definitely the way to go! So so yummy!
The first time I made these breakfast tacos was for brinner on a Tuesday night because we eat breakfast for dinner quite often and all I can think about on Tuesdays is tacos. We gobbled these up so fast that night that I knew I had to make them again to share with y’all! So easy and so delicious!
Once you have the tortillas made, it takes less than 30 minutes to have these tacos on the table and everyone will love them!
There’s just something about a warm soft homemade tortilla filled with eggs and sausage and lots of tasty toppings that’s so comforting and oh so yummy!
Wow your family with these awesome tacos! Whether it’s for breakfast on a weekend or brinner on a weeknight, they’re sure to make everyone full and happy!
This recipe was created as part of my partnership with Gold Medal Flour however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own!
- 8 homemade Flour Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 breakfast turkey sausage links, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- salt & pepper, to taste
- pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, cotija cheese, limes, hot sauce
- Make homemade flour tortillas and keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and then add sausage and taco seasoning and cook over medium heat until sausage starts to brown.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together eggs and milk. Add to the sausage in the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until scrambled. Stir in ½ cup pico de gallo. Season mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve tacos, scoop egg mixture on half of a warm tortilla. Top with some more pico de gallo, a few avocado chunks, a sprinkle of cotija cheese and some chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with a wedge of lime and hot sauce.