I put my homemade flour tortillas to great use with these tasty Breakfast Tacos – a great way to start the day!
- 8 homemade Flour Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 breakfast turkey sausage links, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- salt & pepper, to taste
- pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, cotija cheese, limes, hot sauce
- Make homemade flour tortillas and keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and then add sausage and taco seasoning and cook over medium heat until sausage starts to brown.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together eggs and milk. Add to the sausage in the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until scrambled. Stir in 1/2 cup pico de gallo. Season mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve tacos, scoop egg mixture on half of a warm tortilla. Top with some more pico de gallo, a few avocado chunks, a sprinkle of cotija cheese and some chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with a wedge of lime and hot sauce.