Making Brandon’s Best Margarita is as easy as 1-2-3! Pour, shake, and strain your way to the most refreshing, flavorful margarita you don’t have to leave home for. Cheers!
It’s Happy Hour Somewhere
I may be a wiz in the kitchen, but when it comes to happy hour, Brandon is the mixologist of this house. And he’s so, so good at it. Brandon’s Best House Margarita is as good or better than any restaurant margarita in town.
Watch Me Make This Killer Margarita
Join me in the kitchen to shake up one of Brandon’s Best Margaritas.
A Classic House Margarita
Everyone should have a good classic margarita recipe in their arsenal. We have nothing against frozen margaritas. But we love our homemade margaritas on the rocks. It makes for such a refreshing and satisfying cocktail!
This Cocktail is as Easy as 1-2-3
Brandon’s Best Margarita is a house margarita made with simple ingredients and easy to follow instructions. And when I say it’s the best, it really is! And since I’m terrible at keeping secrets, I’m going to share it with you!
Making this margarita is as easy as 1-2-3. Pour, shake, strain! That’s it! If you’ve gathered your ingredients and tools, you’re ready to go!
More Cocktails to Bring the Happy to Happy Hour
- Peachy Keen Cocktail: A complex, yet refreshing cocktail with the peach jam bringing out the sweetness in the bourbon and the aged tequila adding some nice earthy complexity.
- Zesty Lemonade Cocktail: A classic vodka lemonade kicked up with the addition of rich limoncello and spicy chile liqueur. A refreshing poolside cocktail that may be a bit too easy to drink!
- Blue Smoke: A surprisingly refreshing cocktail that combines mezcal and bourbon with the sweetness of blueberries to balance out the strong, smoky flavors of the spirits.
- Apple Cider Sangria: The perfect make-ahead cocktail to serve at a fall gathering. It’s easy, festive and absolutely delicious!
- Cranberry Orange Spiked Sweet Tea: The perfect cocktail for the holidays! It’s deliciously sweet, citrusy and spiced just right.
- Kicking Mezcal Mule: A tasty twist on a Moscow Mule. It has the perfect balance of smoky and sweet with a little heat!
- Sparkling Raspberry Mojitos: Made with muddled mint, raspberries, lemon, simple syrup and rum then topped with Prosecco for a simple, gorgeous and satisfying sip!
- Cranberry Cheer Cocktail: A festive cocktail that’s so great for the holidays or any days. It’s a bright and flavorful drink with the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
- Apple Cider Smash: Here’s to graduating from the kids’ table! Bourbon, ginger beer and a dash of cinnamon make this Apple Cider Smash the perfect Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving cocktail.
- Tailgate Tea: Sure to be a fan favorite! Sweet tea is spiked with bourbon and combined with orange juice, pineapple juice and lemon juice for a refreshing and flavorful drink that’s a guaranteed game day winner!
- Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria: A refreshing summer cocktail easily made with sweet tea, sparkling wine, orange liqueur and fresh berries. The star-spangled fruit kabobs give each glass a fun and festive touch!
What Do I Need to Make a Margarita?
- Tequila. Quality tequila is a must! Brandon swears by Fortaleza, but if you have a favorite brand or type of tequila, stick to it! He usually uses blanco or reposado, but anjeo works, as well.
- Cointreau. Your favorite triple-sec or orange liqueur will do, too.
- Limes. Fresh is best! Brandon always uses fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Agave syrup. For an authentic flavor, agave is superior to simple syrup.
- Rim salt (optional). We prefer unsalted rims, but I know how some of y’all feel about your salt!
- Cocktail Shaker. Brandon loves his Boston Cocktail Shaker.
- Strainer. The Boston Shaker comes with a Hawthorne strainer, but any fine mesh strainer will do.
Serve It with Style
We love serving Brandon’s popular margaritas in these hand-blown Mexican drinking glasses that we got in Mexico. They’re so beautiful and festive and make every margarita feel like a fiesta. You can actually find them on Amazon, if you’re interested!
How to Make Brandon’s Best House Margarita
- If you like a salted rim, first moisten the rim of a glass with a lime wedge.
- Pour some the salt into a small plate or bowl. Holding the moistened glass at a 45-degree angle, roll the outside of it through the salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, first add the tequila, cointreau, fresh lime juice, agave and ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain over fresh ice into a salt-rimmed (the salt is optional!) margarita glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Cocktail Crafting 101
Whether you’re new to cocktail making or just want a refresher, take this crash course on bar tools, glass types, ice, and terminology. Read up and get your cocktail on! We’ll even throw in some of our favorite cocktail recipes. Cheers!
Making Brandon’s Best Margarita is as easy as 1-2-3! Pour, shake, and strain your way to the most refreshing, flavorful margarita you don’t have to leave home for.
- 2 ounces (double shot) tequila
- .75 ounce cointreau
- .75 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light agave
- salt rim, optional
- In a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, cointreau, lime juice, agave and ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain over fresh ice in salted rimmed glass, garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!